"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, September 9, 2011

He's so sweet....when he's sleep :)

So yesterday I posted a picture of my youngest cherub, Mehki, wrapped up in a blanket asleep in the car (I wish I could actually post that picture here, but you can refer to my fb page, if you are curious) Quite a few people "liked" the pic & a couple people commented, "Oh, sooo cute!" But what you couldn't tell from this snapshot in time was that he had just finished having a 45 minute temper tantrum and that he was naked underneath the blanket!!! O yea, its true!!


Mehki had a series of quite a few unfortunate events that led to this moment....On Thursdays, we have soccer, so dinner is usually something quick. I went through the McDonalds drive thru for the boys. Here's where it started.....First of all, instead of the 4-piece McNuggets, they gave Mehki a cheeseburger. I thought this might be a problem because I really didnt have time to go back, but he was cool with it.  BUT THEN...he realized that they gave him a "girl toy"!!!  Why, why, why, did they give my baby the pink Sketchers shoe key chain instead of the Ben10 toy???  I guess since he had been so cool about the cheeseburger, that he just couldnt be cool with this too.  Sooooo the tantrum commenced.....the crying, the screaming, and kicking the back of the seat!! Welllllll, then his french fries fell on the floor of the car!! Oh Lawd Jesus, why, why, why did this have to happen?? Soooo now he adds slamming himself into the back of his car seat & is screaming, "OWWWW!!!"  Gee, ya think? 


By this time, we have gotten to the fields & Tyrez couldnt wait to get out of the car!! Mehki continues the tantrum...screaming, crying, kicking, head butting....I can tell that this is just going to have to run its course because he has gotten himself so worked up....I dont even address him, which of course makes him even more mad and starts screaming, "I want my mama!!" Yea, I dont get it either????


He is making such a racket that the dude sitting in the minivan next to me keeps looking over..oh well, I dont know him!! And Im really just trying to keep my cool..Im just munching my Jimmy Johns & sipping on my fountain Coke (refer to my previous posting).  Then he tries to get my attention by screaming, "I gotta pee!" So I told him that he could get out, cuz I know that this can be just one of his ploys, but of course, he doesnt. So, I get out, walk around, open his door, but he doesnt get out. So I get back in. And he begins screaming even louder (as if I thought that was even possible)!! So...about ten minutes later, he begins screaming, "My peepee hurts!" Guurrreeeaattt!!!!  (By the way, it is getting harder and harder to keep my cool, cuz my patience is wearing thin and I REALLY want him to quit screaming!!)


He finally decides to open the door and puts a leg out (oh, I forgot to mention that it is like 60 degrees outside and he is wearing shorts...sometimes you have to pick your battles) We are finally out of the car, and I notice that he actually has already peed on himself, but he says he still has to go, so we mosey over to the porta-potties (is that how you spell that?)....gotta love the smell that waifs through the air as you open the door!! So Mehki sheepishly goes in (I leave the door open and block the view) and THEN he ends up peeing on his shirt!! OMG!!!! Why, why, why!!????? Here he goes again...he doesnt even want to pull up underwear or shorts now cuz there is pee everywhere!! 


I remember that we have a blanket in the trunk....so, I put him in the front seat, put the blanket over him, he took his clothes off, and I wrapped the blanket around him.  Within five minutes, he is asleep.  By the way, it was only 6:15!! (and he slept the rest of the night!) 


But then, just as quick as it started, I have forgotten that he had just gotten on my last nerve!! I had forgot that he was screaming at the top of his lungs! Forgot that he was kicking the crap out of the seat! Forgot that he was head-butting against his car seat! Forgot all of this because my cherub looked so sweet and angelic asleep wrapped up in the blanket! 


Instead, I just captured the moment and remember how much I love him!! I remember that when he's asleep, I can still see my precious little baby with those chubby cheeks. I remember that he's so sweet...when hes sleep!!


I know that at some point, I will again have to endure one of his tantrums...and if I have any luck, Ill have a Jimmy Johns & a Coke to help me through it again, but until then we'll be just cruisin along! 





No comments:

Post a Comment